Ashkan Lashkari, M.D. - Medical Oncologist and Hematologist
Dr. Ashkan Lashkari grew up in Santa Monica, CA, and knew from a young age that he wanted to help others. Both his parents were educators and this had a profound impact on him wanting to pursue a career in which he could make a difference in people's lives.
He pursued his undergraduate education at UCLA where he received his bachelors in both art history and molecular genetics. He then completed his medical school training at UCLA. While in medical school, he developed a keen interest in cancer care and chose to pursue a career in hematology and medical oncology. He was motivated by the sudden rush of new treatment options being identified and the explosion of new possibilities to help people with challenging conditions. More importantly, he was attracted to a field in which he could forge a close relationship with patients and their families.
Upon completing his internal medicine residency at UCLA, he moved on to the City of Hope Comprehensive Cancer Center where he pursued his fellowship in hematology and medical oncology. While there, he spent time in the lab doing research on familial cancer syndromes and also focusing his efforts on learning how to design clinical trials.
After completing his fellowship, Dr. Lashkari became a partner at Wellness Oncology & Hematology and joined Drs. Omid Shaye and Christopher Ho in an effort to provide high quality care to those in the community. Their primary goal is to ensure patients and their families are treated with compassion and kindness while offering personalized treatment. Furthermore, their hard work has led to the creation of a clinical trial program which continues to grow and allow patients to potentially receive new therapies that might become tomorrow's breakthroughs.
Outside of practice, he enjoys spending time with his wife and two daughters, playing tennis, running, going to local museums, traveling, and cooking.
Certifications and Distinctions
- Diplomate of the American Board of Internal Medicine
- Diplomate of the American Board of Medical Oncology
- Diplomate of the American Board of Hematology
- Super Doctors - Southern California 2017, 2018
- Board Member MOASC (Medical Oncology Association of Southern California)
- Member ASH (American Society of Hematology)
- Member ASCO (American Society of Clinical Oncology)
- Assistant Clinical Faculty member at UCLA-Olive View
- Fluent in Farsi
- Bladder Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Carcinoid Cancer
- Colorectal (Colon) Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Malignancies
- Gynecological Cancers
- Kidney Cancer
- Liver Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Multiple Myeloma
- Non-melanoma Skin Cancers
- Neuroendocrine Cancer
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Prostate Cancer
- Testicular Cancer
- Coagulation Disorders
- Myelodysplastic Syndrome (MDS)
- Bleeding Disorders
- Blood Clotting Disorders
- Myeloproliferative Disorders (PRV/ET/MF)